Macro Express Forums

Macro Express Pro too buggy to use

I am a Long time user of MacroExpress ... I just bought Macro Express Pro (4/3/2011), I spent hours moving previous well tested and working macros to MEP.. it's been a nightmare

Windows 7 Ultimate, most current updates ... I'm a professional programmer

there are so many bugs ,, i had started a list, but aftet 3+ hours , at least a dozen bugs and after having to redo and recreate macros (macros and categories just disappear).. I have reached the point.. I can't afford donating my time to be a free BETA tester for software I paid for...

with default installation (and nothing scheduled and no macros running) .. my computer slows down at times to 10+ second delay betweeen keystrokes (when entering the MEP key)

I don't believe the company must be still be supporting this product, it can't possible be this bad if anyone there is testing it, are there other users with more successful results?

I'm asking for a refund

I have Macro Express Pro installed on a Vista and Windows 7 machine, and have not experienced problems recently. There were problems when MEP was first issued, but everything runs smoothly for me now, and has for the previous two or three releases. I remember a few hiccups when MEP updated my ME3 scripts, but almost all translated properly. Some scripts triggered by window events required minor adjustments. But the transition was relatively painless, and overall, I have come to prefer MEP.

On occasion, a script that uses <ALTD> or <ALTU> causes the Alt key to get stuck in the down position. In these cases, MEP has to be restarted. But the same thing happens with some of my AutoHotkey scripts.

I am not sure about the disappearing macros and categories. It's never happened to me, and I have hundreds of scripts organized into 70 + categories. I am curious what you have done to resolve the problem. Did you uninstall and reinstall MEP? Are you running ME3 at the same time as MEP? Did you test if MEP is conflicting with other programs that monitor keyboard activity? (For example, I have seen Macro Express clash with two different screen reading applications, JAWS and Window-Eyes, although in entirely different ways.)

I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this!

I partially agree. I'm accumulating quite a list of suspected bugs too. Also a list of obvious features that are missing----present here but absent there (WHY?). Overall it shakes your faith. Is there an error in your code or is it a bug? Once you have a hit a more obvious bug and realize they exist....

I sent in two, others await confirmation. But I really hear ya on being a free beta tester, that chaps. Give it to me and I'll beta test it, but drop 60 clams for the privilege?

One thing I have noticed is the longer you have the editor running the flakier it gets. Between 12 and 14 hours of strait work it craps out. Best to reboot (not restart the program, it leaves processes loaded)at 8 hours or so. (and I got 4G of RAM already!. Win7u)

I am a Long time user of MacroExpress ... I just bought Macro Express Pro (4/3/2011), I spent hours moving previous well tested and working macros to MEP.. it's been a nightmare

Windows 7 Ultimate, most current updates ... I'm a professional programmer

there are so many bugs ,, i had started a list, but aftet 3+ hours , at least a dozen bugs and after having to redo and recreate macros (macros and categories just disappear).. I have reached the point.. I can't afford donating my time to be a free BETA tester for software I paid for...

with default installation (and nothing scheduled and no macros running) .. my computer slows down at times to 10+ second delay betweeen keystrokes (when entering the MEP key)

I don't believe the company must be still be supporting this product, it can't possible be this bad if anyone there is testing it, are there other users with more successful results?

I'm asking for a refund

last night... test running a simple macro that I had imported from ME 3.8 ... it hung my PC totally.. I couldn't even launch Task Manager to kill it .. couldn't switch out of the app or abort it.

so I had to power cycle my PC (which I hate to do)

and after restart.. my keys get into a weird state, like they have been pressed, but not released...