Macro Express Forums

Multiple Choice Menu Is Too Small

kramer

Hi,

i´m new to ME and i have build a Multiple choice menu.

But the problem is, that an entry is too long, and ME cut it, so that you cant read the end of this entry.

I want that the MCM is wider, or it displayes the whole entry.

it looks like this, at the moment

|1. Test............|

|2. Test with red|

|3. Test with blu|

3 Test with yello|

you know what i mean?

sorry, my for my bad english.

kramer

• 4 months later...

I have to agree that it would be nice if the actual window would be al little bit wider. Especially when it doesn't seem to have any limitations to put data in the menu list. I understand that perhaps it it's not realistic to put too long text strings in the menu list but as it's possible to do just that, you'll get surpriced when it doesn't show all text. Not so much off a big problem but...

I think you could do a sleazy word wrap. Just put the extra chunk from Line A on Line B. Then have either A or B give teh result you want. down below. Not pretty but it would work.

I think you could do a sleazy word wrap.

I have to agree.

I have to agree that it would be nice if the actual window would be al little bit wider

If you create a couple of macros for "seldom-users" and they could choose which macro to run from the multiple choice meny. It would be nice to write a hole sentence (not an essay) to guide the person to choose the right macro.

The window that shows the multiple choice are too small for this.

That was my purpose.

You're agreeing with my methods being sleazy? I guess I would have to agree with you.<g> But maybe this will help redeem...

Hey, I just thought of another idea for you. Pop up a text box with verbose descriptions and discussion of the options and leave it up. Put it in the upper left maybe. Then pop up your multiple choice box right next to it with the succint options. When they choose close the text box!

I'm going to have to remember this one for myself!

Nice tip Cory! I could only use a serial number in the multiple choice and then explain what number stands for in the text box. That would work just fine for me.

And yes my english is'nt the best, with a bit of dyslexia it's a struggle you know.

Have a nice day.

Per-Inge