Macro Express Forums

Macro Tip: Choose the macro you wish to run.

blopib

Hi

This is nothing much but perhaps it could help someone. As i have trouble finding my own created macros and the right hotkey for them, i've created a macro that lets me choose in the multiple choice menu which macro i want to run. This way i just have to remember one hotkey: WIN+1. Then i jump down to the one macro i want to run, with the help of Arrow down, set with Space and then hitting Enter.

It looks like this:

// This macros purpose is to give a possibility to choose the macro you wish to run from a list of all you're macros.
// Choose the macro you wish to run from the multiple choice menu.(Use Arrow down and Space to set,then hit Enter)
Multiple Choice Menu: Choose the macro you wish to run
// Run macro Testing1
If Variable %T1% = "Testing1"
 // Clear variable T1
 Clear Text Variables: From 1 To 1
 Macro Run: Testing1
End If
// Run macro Testing2
If Variable %T1% = "Testing2"
 // Clear variable T1
 Macro Run: Testing2
End If
// Run macro Testing3
If Variable %T1% = "Testing3"
 // Clear variable T1
 Macro Run: Testing3
End If
// Etc. Etc.

<REM2:This macros purpose is to give a possibility to choose the macro you wish to run from a list of all you're macros.><REM2:Choose the macro you wish to run from the multiple choice menu.(Use Arrow down and Space to set,then hit Enter)><MENU2:1:F:01:CenterCenter:Choose the macro you wish to runChoose the macro you wish to runTesting1
Testing2
Testing3><REM2:Run macro Testing1><IFVAR2:1:01:1:Testing1><REM2:Clear variable T1><CLEARVAR1:T:1:1><MACRUN2:Testing1><ENDIF><REM2:Run macro Testing2><IFVAR2:1:01:1:Testing2><REM2:Clear variable T1><CLEARVAR1:T:1:1><MACRUN2:Testing2><ENDIF><REM2:Run macro Testing3><IFVAR2:1:01:1:Testing3><REM2:Clear variable T1><CLEARVAR1:T:1:1><MACRUN2:Testing3><ENDIF><REM2:Etc. Etc.>

This is nothing much but perhaps it could help someone.

Thanks. Posting code helps everyone. There is another way to fire your macro besides a HotKey. Use the Mouse Activation. Simply pick a small area on the screen to click. I use a 3 x 3 area at the upper-left corner of my primary display. I shove the mouse over there, click, and a menu of macros pops up ... like yours.

Ok, never thought of Mouse Activation. Nice, but still i prefer my solution with just one hotkey, i'm somewhat allergic to mouse clicks :)

Thanks. Posting code helps everyone.

I'll try to give back some of the little i know, just so that i can ask a question when ever i need help myself.

Now it's time to go home. :)