Macro Express Forums

Windows 7

Does anyone know if Macro Express Pro works with Windows 7?

(I've tried searching the forum, but it won't allow words less than 3 characters in the search, so I don't know if there's any other posts about this.)

You can use Google to search for less than 3 characters. Just limit it with the "site" parameter. EG "Windows 7" site:pgmacros.invisionzone.com

As for compatibility I do not know but I do know it's coming with an "XP mode" which essentially is Virtual PC running an instance of XP. However I have found one problem with MEP and VPC and that is that it appear to ignore the normal Delay commands in MEP. But if one uses timed delays it can be worked around.

You can use Google to search for less than 3 characters. Just limit it with the "site" parameter. EG "Windows 7" site:pgmacros.invisionzone.com

As for compatibility I do not know but I do know it's coming with an "XP mode" which essentially is Virtual PC running an instance of XP. However I have found one problem with MEP and VPC and that is that it appear to ignore the normal Delay commands in MEP. But if one uses timed delays it can be worked around.

Thanks for the Google suggestion.

I'll give Windows 7 a go and see how I get on with Macro Express.

Does anyone know if Macro Express Pro works with Windows 7?

(I've tried searching the forum, but it won't allow words less than 3 characters in the search, so I don't know if there's any other posts about this.)

I have a PC running Win 7 w/ Macro Express Pro installed for about 6 weeks and is working for me. But I'm just one test case. Every PC has it's unique hardware and installed software combinations.

I have a PC running Win 7 w/ Macro Express Pro installed for about 6 weeks and is working for me. But I'm just one test case. Every PC has it's unique hardware and installed software combinations.

Thanks for the replies. Macro Express Pro worked under Windows 7 RC; in fact, it was one of the few things that did. Most applications were OK but lots of Windows wouldn't work: personalization, devices and printers, display, and other control panel applets just wouldn't start up.

• 1 year later...

It does not work withing IE8, Opera, or Google Chrome.

What version of Macro Express Pro are you using? What is not working?

I too am using 64-bit Windows 7. Macro Express Pro v 4.1.6.1 works fine with those browsers on my computer.