Macro Express Forums

Any Macro that can automaticly fill out forms on the Web?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had made a macro that fills out forms automaticly?

Would love to get one or tips on how to make one. I fill out forms everyday constantly at work so would save allot of time if the macro could do it instead.

problem is that the fields are all in diffrent places and order depending on what site but i saw an add on that can do it for Firefox so i was wondering if its possible with macro express asswel?(cant use firefox at work)

Thank you

I have scripted many macros to complete forms. Each macro is unique, but usually follows this kind of logic:

1. Move the cursor to the first field.

2. Input value.

3. Press Tab (to move the cursor to the next field).

4. Input value.

5. Press Tab.

etc.

"Input value" might mean typing a word (e.g., a user name, password, address, or telephone number); checking or unchecking a check box (press the spacebar); choosing an item from a drop down list (there are different ways to do this depending on the form), and so on.

thank you for your reply

the problem is that the form is going to be diffrent everytime i fill it out and in diffrent locations. i regulary have to go to diffrent web sites and fill out order forms never the same site twice. so i need something more specific that can understand if it should be name, adresss, E-mail that should be filled out.

most cases they are in diffrent orders and locations.

the add on in firefox that does this is called FireForm and i was wondering if there is anyway to do this in macro express?

Link to the add on:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fireform/

There may be tools to do what you want to do, but I don't think Macro Express is one of them!

I do use about a dozen Macro Express shortkeys to make it faster to fill out the form fields I need most often:

js = John Smith

pc = M4K 1X1

ph = 416-555-1234

32e = 32 Eastborough Avenue North

etc.

the problem is that the form is going to be diffrent everytime i fill it out and in diffrent locations. i regulary have to go to diffrent web sites and fill out order forms never the same site twice. so i need something more specific that can understand if it should be name, adresss, E-mail that should be filled out.

most cases they are in diffrent orders and locations.

I do this all the time. The software I use is Roboform.

RoboForm Password Manager

Once you have have filled in the vital statistics, it detects fields on web pages and completes them.

While Macro Express might be able to do what you want, you would probably have to write a new macro for every new page you come across. RoboForm remembers the details for each page and offers to fill them from its "identity" data. And you can have several identities.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

You might look at something called "Sign Up Shield" (Click for link) by Protecteer. I can't compare it to RoboForm, etc; as I've never used RoboForm. SUS is pretty slick - look at their sign up suite, etc. Also included is a fairly nice password generator, etc. Even though each for is different, you can teach it to remember "approved" sites, etc. You can also teach it to "learn" that "first" is Joe, "last" is Smith, "Address" is 1313 Mockingbird Lane. So, any time it gets challenged for a term you've previously defined, it can fill in as much of the form as as it's been trained (previously on other pages, etc.). Wouldn't hurt to dl a free trail and see if it'll help.

I'm always reticent to mention other (non-MEP) products here, but since each page/site will have different requirements, that's really not what MEP is for. MEP is GREAT for repetitive (or even conditional) data filling, screen scraping, data file building (readin', writin' & 'rithmatic!) , etc. Random web page filling - probably not so much.

All the best,

--P

If you just want a basic form filling app I suggest a purpose built one like others have mentioned already. Especially if you dot plan on accessing the same form over and over. But if you are accessing the same form over and over and want to do variable input then MEP is an excellent tool. I write macros for hospitals, banks, and all kinds of financial institutions that replace data entry clerks. Sometimes working out issues like timing can be a bear but once you learn a few tricks MEP is up to the job.