Macro Express Forums

Ability to Hold a Key Down?

Hi, I'm a 3x user and was thinking of buying Pro for a few of the features, this is the "must have"clincher.

I was wondering if "Added ability to hold a key down" (version 4.5.0.1) means that I could create a macro for a mouse button to act as a modifier key (I use the 20 button G600 mouse)? For example, I set a trigger as Alt+Numpad 1 to a mouse button and macro activation, The macro is a simple "Keyboard Ctrl" command, will the Ctrl be active untill I release the mouse button? Also, with the ability to run multiple macros, would I be able to have another macro as Alt, and hold them at the same time (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+right click)

The reason I ask is, the profiles in the mouse drivers aren't always activated correctly, or lose their focus. I want to replace the profiles with a standardized default profile, to a master macro which knows what window is on top and triggers the apropriate sub macro (or default) for the action. The Shift, Alt and Ctrl weren't possible in 3x, stopping my plan in it's tracks.

P.S. I don't want to install pro unless I decide to buy it. to much temptatation to create macros I won't be able to use after 30 days!

OK, I decided to install the demo of pro...

No, my assumption of "Added ability to hold a key down" does not mean what I thought it did, That addition means that you can lock any key in the down position, similar to the <Ctrl Down> <Ctrl Up> commands.

But, the good news is, I set a mouse button trigger and macro activation to Ctrl + Alt + Shift + A, The master macro contains Ctrl as the default action. The mouse button seem to be functioning as a Ctrl button with the Emulate Keyboard option, the same as it did without the macro in between.

I have a problem with the "If Window" That triggers a different command (hook related)... That's a different thread and another day, though.

I was wrong about the good news too, the ctrl action was coming directly from the mouse button, not Macro Express.

I'll be sticking with 3x, weighing between workflow and increased power, workflow loses and I can work around the power limitations in the scripting language.

OK, I decided to install the demo of pro...

No, my assumption of "Added ability to hold a key down" does not mean what I thought it did, That addition means that you can lock any key in the down position, similar to the <Ctrl Down> <Ctrl Up> commands.

But, the good news is, I set a mouse button trigger and macro activation to Ctrl + Alt + Shift + A, The master macro contains Ctrl as the default action. The mouse button seem to be functioning as a Ctrl button with the Emulate Keyboard option, the same as it did without the macro in between.

I have a problem with the "If Window" That triggers a different command (hook related)... That's a different thread and another day, though.