Macro Express Forums

Repeat <Keystroke> +1 Times

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, please excuse my lack of knowledge. I am running Macro Express Pro, and do not know how to update coding directly.

To build my macro I use MEP's insert functions from the drop down menu on the left hand side.

Goal

I need the macro to perform a short range of commands and then repeat itself. One of the commands is to press <TAB><TAB> on my keyboard. I would like the macro to add an extra <TAB> after each successful repeat up until 10 repeats.

Example

Press <TAB><TAB>.... follow through with remainder of processes, repeat back to start at the end. During the second repeat run-through, press <TAB><TAB><TAB>. Do this all the way up until <TAB> is pressed 12 times. Then end the repeat function and move out of the loop to the next step.

I'm ok with setting variables. From my understanding, the +1 feature is only available for intiger modifications.

If you could kindly help me by telling me which commands to add from the drop down menu, this will help my understanding.

Thank you!

Like this? The top one you can copy and paste into the scripting editor. Basically one loop starts at 2 and goes to 12 increment by one. The nested loop performs the Tab keystroke the number of times. The second one it the "Command Text" version for ease of reading here.

<REPEAT START Start="2" Step="1" Count="12" Save="TRUE" Variable="%Counter%"/>
<REPEAT START Start="1" Step="1" Count="%Counter%" Save="FALSE"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<TAB>"/>
<END REPEAT/>
<END REPEAT/>
Repeat Start (Repeat 12 times)
  Repeat Start (Repeat %Counter% times)
    Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <TAB>
  End Repeat
End Repeat