Macro Express Forums

2 Folders

My Documents folder contains 2 Insight Software folders.

One of them has only one sub-folder named Macro Express which has 2 (empty) subfolders: Crashes and Remap Layouts.
The other contains macex.mex file, 9 backup files, and a Macro Express subfolder with one (empty) Macro Logs subfolder.

Is this OK?

Why the need of 2 Insight Software folders?

It is impossible to have two folders the same name in a given folder. Are you sure of what you're seeing? Don't forget that much of what you see in Windows File Explorer is virtualized. You might be seeing folders that in the actual file system are ion two different places.

You can control the location of these folders in the MEP preferences. I think the group is called "Files" or something similar. I would guess it's safe to delete a folder for which there are no references in this section.

It is impossible to have two folders the same name in a given folder. Are you sure of what you're seeing? Don't forget that much of what you see in Windows File Explorer is virtualized. You might be seeing folders that in the actual file system are ion two different places.

You can control the location of these folders in the MEP preferences. I think the group is called "Files" or something similar. I would guess it's safe to delete a folder for which there are no references in this section.

You are right Cory.

My mistake :(

I have looked at Documents library and didn't notice there were 2 locations included: My Documents and Public Documents.

Thanks for your quick answer :)