Macro Express Forums

Howto: Break Out Of A Repeat Loop With Mouse

This is my general purpose routine for breaking out of a repeat loop without keyboard input.

With this routine, you only need to move the mouse cursor to the upper left-hand corner of your screen to break out of a loop (or even your macro).

The routine checks the current mouse cursor position, and if it's in the

upper left-hand corner, a Break command (formerly Repeat Exit) will

be issued, thus ending the loop.

The routine actually checks a 3x3 (9 pixel) square starting from the upper left-hand

corner (position 0,0). This is to account for "drifting" mice, and users with bad "aim".

AFAIK, this routine is not processor-intensive, so you can stick it into multiple points

in your repeat loops to ensure the mouse position is checked often.

// --- Start mouse position checker ---

Get Mouse Position Screen: %N7%, %N8%

If Variable %N7% <= 2

AND

If Variable %N8% <= 2

Break

// break out of loop if upper left-hand corner

End If

// --- Ends mouse position checker ---

Lemming B)

<REM2:Author: Lemming - Company: Star Publications><REM2:A general purpose routine for breaking out of a repeat loop.><REM2:This checks the current mouse cursor position, and if it's in the><REM2:upper left-hand corner, a Break command (formerly Repeat Exit) will ><REM2:be issued, thus ending the loop.><REM2:><REM2:--- Start mouse position checker ---><MOUSEPOS:T:07:08><IFVAR2:2:07:6:2><AND><IFVAR2:2:08:6:2><BREAK><REM2:break out of loop if upper left-hand corner><ENDIF><REM2:--- Ends mouse position checker --->

• 6 months later...

Heh. Your post made me think. Just fooling around, I decided to make a mouse-restriction macro. At first, I kept the cursor in a 100x100 box, so you could still move it around some, but couldn't get outside of set boundaries. That didn't work so well, you could get outside of the box momentarily; while ME was running a loop to check if you were outside of the right boundary, you could go outside of the top boundaries or left one for a moment, only to be snapped back inside when it came around to check that position.

Instead, I settled for a macro that first checks mouse position and then goes into a an infinate loop of setting the mouse position to that first one. Instead of a mouse trap, it's more of a mouse lock now.

I'm not real sure if it'll be of any use, but I thought it might come in handy.

<MOUSEPOS:T:07:08><REP3:08:000001:000001:0001:0:01:d><MMS2:7N,8N><MSD:1><ENDREP>