Macro Express Forums

Launch Ms Access - Activate A Form

Caelicola

Hi,

I don't succeed in designing a macro that just runs a Form in a mdb file in Microsoft Access. The "Launch and Activate" command launches MS Access successfully but is not able to load a mdb file into it, let alone a Form. The PGMFL Program Launch macro refused to load it as well. I don't understand this for opening the same mdb file and Form through a shortcut on the Desktop proceeds smoothly.

To be sure, I have found a detour and attained my goal. The Form / mdb file will load if the shortcut mentioned, a *.MAF file , is used but is not there a more elegant way?

A MAF file is a shortcut made in Microsoft Access. A MS Explorer LNK shortcut does not work.

Caelicola

If you do the following, you will be able to open an Access form:

1) In your access database, create a macro to open your form

I'll assume it's called MyMacro

2) Write an ME macro with the following command (don't include the hyphen or leading spaces in the text below):

Activate/Launch program

Window Title:

- Access

Program Path/Name:

- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE

(adjust this as necessary for your environment)

Program Parameters:

- C:\MyDbFolder\MyDbName.mdb /x MyMacro

(adjust this as necessary for your environment)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your suggestion. It took me some time of mulling it over to realize the advantage of your method over mine. Of course, it is the fact that a (your) macro is stored in and launched from within MS Access while a (my) shortcut is stored outside Access.

Caelicola