Macro Express Forums

Cannot scope a pop-up menu macro

In ME 3 I could set the scope of a pop-up menu to a window title, but ME Pro won't do this. I add the entry specifying scope to a window title (partial match) in the standard dialog. But after clicking OK and Save & Close, when I reopen the macro's properties the scope is back to Global again.

I seem to be spending most of the time that I'm using ME Pro in trying to isolate and report problems.

MEPro-PopUp-1.jpg

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Confirmed. Please report this as a bug on the ISS site.

Also I noticed that one can save it in the Script editor and it appears there fine but if you actually try it the scope is global. If you close and reopen I find the scope has been set back to global. I tried exact matches and other combinations but all behaved the same.

FYI there's no F1 help in this dialog so I reported it as a bug.

Confirmed. Please report this as a bug on the ISS site.

Done a few minutes ago!

Also I noticed that one can save it in the Script editor and it appears there fine but if you actually try it the scope is global. If you close and reopen I find the scope has been set back to global. I tried exact matches and other combinations but all behaved the same.

Yep, exactly what I found.

FYI there's no F1 help in this dialog so I reported it as a bug.

Thanks Cory. Another of the many similar examples. As I expect you did, hitting F1 ( in the absence of a button ;) ) was about the first thing I tried.

--

I got a response on the F1 bug and essentially they said you had to go back up to the Scope tab to get the context sensitive help. I expressed my disagreement and suggested that even if it goes to the same help page they should make F1 work i the dialog as well. I mean it's not exactly intuitive to close the dialog in question, go back to the tab, hit F1, then go back into the dialog. Did you think to do this? I know I didn't. In fact I had to go back to the regular help and search for "Scope" to get the page.

I got a response on the F1 bug and essentially they said you had to go back up to the Scope tab to get the context sensitive help. I expressed my disagreement and suggested that even if it goes to the same help page they should make F1 work i the dialog as well. I mean it's not exactly intuitive to close the dialog in question, go back to the tab, hit F1, then go back into the dialog. Did you think to do this? I know I didn't. In fact I had to go back to the regular help and search for "Scope" to get the page.

I agree, that's just unacceptable IMO. Context Help means just that - in context, right there at the click of a button or the press of a key. I've come across lots more examples since my posts in the thread

http://pgmacros.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3449, #4 and #10. And so far I've had no response to the question I asked Kevin in post #7, about restoring this loss of help functionality from ME 3.

--

I'll add my frustration at help functions also.

The prior HELP button was something tha MOST OTHER SOFTWARE didn't even touch.

I don't care about the help BUTTON iteslf, but the same format of hitting it anywhere, OR the F1 key, to bring up specific help at that point, WHEN you're working on the project, was VERY VALUABLE !!

just my two cents

nick