Macro Express Forums

Changing menu type no longer possible?

You are correct. This is no longer possible. You can however, make a copy of the macro and set it to popup. To do so, make a copy of the floating menu macro and then check the option to build as a popup menu when selecting the new activation.

OK, thanks Jason.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 3 months later...
You are correct. This is no longer possible. You can however, make a copy of the macro and set it to popup. To do so, make a copy of the floating menu macro and then check the option to build as a popup menu when selecting the new activation.

I can't get that to work. If I select one of my floating menus in ME Pro Explorer, the Copy Macro operation is greyed out. What am I doing wrong please? The alternative is to have to maintain two sets of menus, Pop-Up and Floating. which is obviously a non-starter!

--

I can't get that to work. If I select one of my floating menus in ME Pro Explorer, the Copy Macro operation is greyed out.

--

I tested this. Same results.

Additionally, and maybe I misunderstood the instructions, even when creating a new floating macro, the Pop-up option is grayed-out. This is possibly what Terry was talking about originally, but if so, then I completely don't understand what Jason's instructions were.

I have personally never used pop-up or floating macros, though I do intend to use them in the future (particularly with people who have a distaste for or difficulty learning/remembering hotkeys and shortkeys).

I tested this. Same results.

Additionally, and maybe I misunderstood the instructions, even when creating a new floating macro, the Pop-up option is grayed-out. This is possibly what Terry was talking about originally, but if so, then I completely don't understand what Jason's instructions were.

I have personally never used pop-up or floating macros, though I do intend to use them in the future (particularly with people who have a distaste for or difficulty learning/remembering hotkeys and shortkeys).

Thanks Steve.

It's a significant issue for me. I use both pop-up and floating macros, covering same applications. For example, I have a Firefox Menu. Sometimes it's convenient to just pop it up, other times I want it to remain floating. In ME 3 I could just create and populate one type and then dupliacte it convert it to the other. And I could repeat that whenever there were additions or deletions, to ensure both contained the same set of macros. In ME Pro, that valuable two-way conversion facility has been lost. I thought Jason was suggesting a work-around, but it appears it doesn't cut the mustard.

Still haven't heard any explanation from ISS about this loss of functionality in the 'Pro' version.

--