Macro Express Forums

OT: Forum matters - how communicated?

What's the best way of getting queries like the following answered and actioned please?

1. If I use the Search tool in this forum (top right, left of Help), then click More Search Options, then Advanced Usage Help, I just get the same page again.

2. I used to be able to attach a file when sending a PM, but can no longer do so. It seems the facility has been disabled.

3. I asked some months ago whether it was possible to remove the 3-character restriction on search terms, to allow useful words like 'bug' and 'fix' and some members' names, but had no response.

Edit: I've now found the email link to sysop@pgmacros.com so I've copied my queries to that address.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Joe's the man but I think he has been very busy lately. I'll ask if he's keeping up with that email address. Of course you can always send him a PM.

BTW I too am annoyed by many of these forum idiosyncrasies like the character limit. But I'll add another for you, the CodeBox isn't working like it should. EG check out how CodeBox (not Code) treats a large piece of script horizontally in the preview screen versus the actual post.

Hopefully there will be a break soon and I can get to some of these nagging forum issues. One of them I can answer now: I was told that the 3-character limit on search strings is sort of fixed ... whatever that means.

OK, here's another. If I click the drop down next to the poster's name and choose Members Profile (e.g. to find out why Joe calls Paul 'OzMan'), I get a message telling me I'm not allowed to use that feature. Same when I try to view my own profile.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I've noticed some things similar to Paul. I think the read status is getting out of whack from time to time.

On the three letter limitation did you inform them there are these things called TLAs in the world!?! I mean something like 50% of the computer acronyms are TLAs and they are not noise words. Almost no one will use File Transfer Protocol so have am I supposed to find terms relating to FTP? Fer dum.:)

I've noticed some things similar to Paul. I think the read status is getting out of whack from time to time.
It just happened again to me this morning. Items were appearing unread that I had responded to but had no more posts.