Macro Express Forums

How to increment variable to another variable?

Shai

I'm trying to do a search for a series of 30 contiguous pixel colors in the positive X direction from a set of integer variables set to specific color values. When the first value is found the macro will increment to the next X coordinate and test for the second pixel color. Basically a repeat loop is going to fetch %N1% which is the first pixel color and put it into %N31%. When %N31%, which is set to %N1%'s value, is found the X coordinate will be incremented by 1 and then %N31% needs to be set to %N2% which is the second pixel color I'm looking for. This is where I'm having the problem. How to make %N31% = %N1%, then %N31% = %N2%, then %N3% and so forth. I'd like to have this in some efficient logic that increments N31 to N1 or N2 or N3 etc based on a repeat counter. But ATM I can only see to do it manually with 30 written checks. Is there a way to do this? I'm not a programmer, a hobbyist perhaps, but I'm guessing this might be a "boolean variable" falling in the domain of Macro Express Pro?

Instead of putting your color values into N1 through N30, put them one after another into a single text variable:

VARIABLE SET STRING T1 = 12345678 23456789 34567890 45678901 and so on.

The blank spaces between values are for your benefit, to make it readable.

Then each time you want to retrieve a value, move 8 characters to a second text variable, load the integer from the second text variable, and remove the nine characters from the first text variable:

VARIABLE MODIFY STRING T1: COPY CHARACTERS 1-8 FROM T1 TO T2

VARIABLE MODIFY STRING T1: DELETE CHARACTERS 1-9

VARIABLE MODIFY STRING T2: CONVERT TO INTEGER IN N31

Set the appropriate ME option to allow nested variables (refer to Kevin's response here: Variable Evaluation Level).

Then store the repeat counter into a variable (let's use %n99% in this example), and reference the source variables for %n31% in your repeat loop with:

Variable Set Integer %n31% to %n%n99%%

When %n99% is 1, this command sets %n31% to the value of %n1%; when %n99% is 28, this command sets %n31% to the value of %n28%.

Set the appropriate ME option to allow nested variables (refer to Kevin's response here: Variable Evaluation Level).

Then store the repeat counter into a variable (let's use %n99% in this example), and reference the source variables for %n31% in your repeat loop with:

Variable Set Integer %n31% to %n%n99%%

When %n99% is 1, this command sets %n31% to the value of %n1%; when %n99% is 28, this command sets %n31% to the value of %n28%.

I had tried to do this before but ME complained, thanks a bunch.