Jump to content
Macro Express Forums

UAMike

Members
  • Content Count

    43
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About UAMike

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

324 profile views
  1. @acantor @terrypin Alan and Terry, I've tested out both of these macros and they both work great! Many thanks for your hard work!
  2. This works really nicely! In order to bump the pointer to the next digit, I modified the command: Variable Modify String: Copy Part of %T1% starting at %N99% and 1 characters long to %T89%. This only works using 1 digit numbers, but it will work for my purposes. Thank you!
  3. I was trying to keep it simple for myself by only have 1 digit numbers, as this would work for my purposes 99% of the time. My plan was to use statements like: If Variable %string% contains "1" and I realized that this would get misinterpreted if I used two digit numbers. But it sounds like you're suggesting I use a space delimiter... can you give me an example of how this would work?
  4. I am trying to create a macro that takes a string of digits (1-9) input by the user and outputs it as a list in a grammatically correct format (using an Oxford comma if applicable). For example, the user inputs "12345" and the output is is "1, 2, 3, 4, and 5" "45" => "4 and 5" "7" => "7" "389" => "3, 8, and 9" Let's assume that the user only inputs a digit a maximum of one time (ie: no "1123") and would only enter the digits in numerical order (ie: "123", not "321") This is a macro I've wanted to make for a long time and I'm trying to determine what the best approach for creating it would be. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has experienced a slow down with regards to mouse operations in W10. Unfortunately I can't access this forum at work and have no good/acceptable way of sending a sample macro to myself. But as you pointed out, the coordinate method sounds like a better solution and I am going to test that out!
  6. Thanks Alan! I am going to try implementing this method and see how it works out. It seems like it would be much more efficient and reliable... I'm embarrassed for not having thought of it and instead relying on mouse moves 🤣
  7. I wish I could test this, but I don't have a W10 machine. Not only that, but there are so many work-related security barriers that there's no good way for me to get my macros off my work pc to post here short of transcribing them by hand. I can't even access this forum 😪. Checked the color depth but they are the same on both VMs. I can't run MEP as admin. Thanks for the input.
  8. I am using MEP 4.6.2.1 on my two virtual machines at work. They both share the same macro files. One of them was recently updated to Windows 10 (The other is a Windows 7 machine) and I am finding MEP to be extremely slow for some functions. The Script Editor is pretty much unusable and stops responding just as soon as it is opened. Another issue I am struggling with is with a macro that moves the mouse a few pixels at a time to find the right color. The macro uses a loop to move up, down, left, and right hundred of times or until it finds the right spot. This works just fine in Windows 7, but in Windows 10, there is tremendous lag. I've tried increasing the playback speed of the macro to no avail. Is it just something with the version compatibility with the OS, or something else that I should be looking at?
  9. Yep, that fixes the issue! Thank you to all!
  10. Thanks for the input. I agree that this would work... however, due to the fact that I am getting my data from a shared/synced OneNote document, I wouldn't be able to add the nonsense string as would be called for using this method.
  11. Thanks for the info. I am trying this method but I am sure that I am misunderstanding something. I declared the variable as you suggested: Variable Set to ASCII Char 9 to %Tab% Variable Set to ASCII Char 10 to %LF% Variable Set to ASCII Char 13 to %CR% I am not getting the desired outcome. Where do you put the %LF% and %CR% variable within the Modify String command? I tried putting it in 'text to replace' ("-A%LF%%CR%") but then it ends up trying to replace %LF%%CR% as a string value.
  12. I use macros to remove lines of text from a larger block of text. I am using the Variable Modify String command to replace unwanted text with a blank. The problem of course is that I then end up with blank lines when I wanted was to remove the text and carriage return. Here is an example: The list contains: -A -B -C -D -E End of list. What I will end up with after using Variable Modify String is something like this: The list contains: -B -C -E End of list. What I wanted was it to be formatted like this: The list contains: -B -C -E End of list. How can I accomplish this? I tried using Trim CR/LF, but then I am removing all the carriage returns.
  13. I will try. I also tried using F3 to search and that may have led to some marginal improvement in the search behavior.
  14. I believe the Wait for Web Page only works in IE, whereas I am using Chrome. In any case, it's not always the first thing that I search for on a page that the macro gets tripped up on... sometimes it's the 2nd, 3rd, etc, by which time the page has definitely loaded completely.
  15. I've tried slowing down the macro and still get the same results, only slower lol. Unfortunately I don't have the option to use Firefox (this is my work machine and they only want us using Chrome). It's always frustrating when something used to work just fine and all of the sudden doesn't 😤 I will try using Ctrl+F instead of Ctrl+f. Will also try F3 and report back.
×
×
  • Create New...