Jump to content
Macro Express Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


rberq last won the day on September 11

rberq had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

29 Excellent

About rberq

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I ran ME 3 for many months on Win 10. I don't remember whether it asked that on the very first startup, but it was OK otherwise. Are you saying it asks every time it starts?
  2. You could look into the instruction "Wait for Key Press" which has many wait options other than "key." You might be able to do something with that. You can start a macro (or multiple macros) that just sit on the Wait instruction, then when the key-press occurs the waiting macro can run some other macro. Unfortunately the wait appears to deal only with three mouse keys, not four or five, but you could potentially set up a combination of mouse keys or letters. It might be tricky and involve multiple macros. Good luck!
  3. So don't keep me in suspense! I'm apparently doing my activations incorrectly, also. Please tell! 😬
  4. For what it's worth -- Here are some hints from another forum that I follow. No warranty expressed or implied. Always remember: "Microsoft is arrogant and will *tell you* what you want" and "Google wants to know and control everything about you, all the time" To that end, here are some easy tips to speed up Win 10. 1. Ctrl-Shift-Esc for task manager, go to Startup tab. Disable Onedrive. 2. Hit windows key, search for 'background apps' Turn them all off 3. Open Chrome. Settings, Advanced. a. Preload pages- off b. Continue running background apps - of
  5. Being south of the border, I had to send a check rather than a cheque. But my other question: What is ME 5? Is it just ME 4 under a different name? And still more questions: I tried to convert to from ME 3 to ME Pro back around 2009, for a pretty complex application running on 350 PCs, as I recall. Nothing much worked during testing, so I stayed with ME 3. I just recently converted my home PC from ME 3 to ME Pro, and I'm still seeing ME Pro crash about once a day. So to finally get to my questions: Did you experience any significant pain going to ME 6, or was it ne
  6. That's called the bleeding edge. Must be a version 6 thing. Mine tells me it is, but no additional message. What is ME 5? Just updates to ME 4 under a different name so they can start charging for it? I got used to "free". I don't remember, but I think I paid about $15 for ME, and used the pre-Pro versions for about twenty years. That's 75 cents a year for a tool I said added 50% to my productivity. I always felt guilty when I installed updates, and worried that Insight would go out of business for lack of revenue.
  7. Yes, please. I immediately looked for an update beyond, but found none. Updating version 6, maybe?
  8. Now here's a cute idea. I started a macro that runs indefinitely -- entire macro is below. So whenever I press the ESC key the macro types your suggested sequence to close the active application window. Then the macro just waits until I'm ready to close another one. Works great with Windows 7, but again ME does not see the ESC key in many Windows 10 operating system screens, so still no dice. The other problem with this, even in Windows 7, is the limited number of keys that can be waited for. I'd rather use a key that is "never" used any other time. Repeat Unti
  9. You have given me hope. I have a Windows 10 system on order, and I'll have a lot more time to experiment once I get everything else converted to it.
  10. Little things like that save a lot of time and aggravation when you are coding.
  11. Every bit as good as my method of finding the upper right corner and clicking on the "X". Except my macro closes just one tab at a time (Ctrl-w) if Firefox is the active application. But my problem is getting the macro to run at all, so that it can simulate the keystrokes you outlined. As Cory explained, in the UWP applications in Windows 10, ME never even sees the hotkey to trigger the macro. The beauty of the keypad-minus key is, many applications give you the option to save/no save your work when you exit, so I can just hit the minus key with my middle finger and roll my thu
  12. Yes! It does! So now if I can figure out the name of that little window, I'll see if it can trigger a macro that types the "c". You say it's called the Windows System menu?
  13. For example, the Windows Setup screen and the various screens that can be accessed from there.
  14. "Doesn't work with them", in this case, seems to mean that while the application is running, MEP doesn't see key strokes and therefore can't start macros. I have seen the same ME problem under Windows 7, with the Adobe PDF Reader. Adobe says the reader runs in Protected Mode as a security feature. With Adobe the Protected Mode can be turned off, and then ME is happy.
  15. Since my hands are most often on the keyboard, I prefer using keys to using the mouse. One of my most-used macros closes the current application. If Firefox is active, it types Ctrl-w to close the active tab. Otherwise, it clicks in the upper right corner of the active application’s window. The macro is activated by the keypad minus key, and it’s generally quicker to press the key than to manually maneuver the mouse or to press that awkward Alt-F4 combination. Here’s the problem: In many Windows 10 system screens, the key is ignored so the macro doesn’t run. Other hotkey combinatio
  • Create New...