Macro Express Forums

Scope progam name malfunction - Windows App Store .exes

HIYA!

Whatsapp's Desktop .exe has changed. It's downloaded from Microsoft's appstore nowadays.

I have some emoji macros running in Whatsapp. I just found out the new .exe's location in Program Files and updated all my macros. However, none of them still works in Whatsapp!

(they worked fine in the older, non-Windows-store-.exe -version)

Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\5319275A.WhatsAppDesktop_2.2313.6.0_x64__cv1g1gvanyjgm\WhatsApp.exe

image.png.b702e89505fa4c81b509a2c1ee631494.png

I added the .exe as a full path but after saving and reopening the macro edit window it just shows it as WHATSAPP.EXE

Instead of modifying an existing macro, try creating a new one, with WhatsApp.exe as the scope (and nothing else). For testing purposes, I suggest disabling all macros that involve WhatsApp.

If you can't get it to work, try changing the scope to window specific. You may need to choose a partial match.

Still no luck? Try making the macro Global.

Still nothing? It might not be do-able with Macro Express.

Those are what's called UWP apps and MEP was designed for WinForm apps. Although some people claim they have been able to get some things to work in UWP apps, I've had no success. There are a few threads in this forum you can search for. If it were me I'd load the web browser version and use something like iMacros for automation. I've found that many UWP apps are simply running a Chromium browser control in the app so they're often very similar.

• 2 weeks later...