Macro Express Forums

Input Integer Variables Values Into Text String

all_tied_up

Hi All,

I have read these boards and tutorials until my eyes are ready to fall out so in an effort to tap the experts I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and float this question. I have a rather simple macro need that I'm just not finding. I am using a text editor to input multi-line text values. This is what I have so far:

<IVAR2:01:02:FWhat is the column number?FFCenter:Center><VARSR:03><TEXTTYPE:N10TOTAL;C=CXXX'1/7'

N01TOP TWO BOX (NET);UNL1;C=CXXX'67'

N01 (7);C=C%N%'7';FAC=7

N01 (6);C=CXXX'6';FAC=6

N01 (5);C=CXXX'5';FAC=5

N01 (4);C=CXXX'4';FAC=4

N01 (3);C=CXXX'3';FAC=3

N01 (2);C=CXXX'2';FAC=2

N01 (1);C=CXXX'1';FAC=1

N01BOTTOM TWO BOX (NET);UNL1;C=CXXX'12'

N09

N12MEAN;DEC=2;NODSP

N17STANDARD DEVIATION;DEC=2;NODSP

N19STANDARD ERROR;DEC=2

TTL>

Very repetitive text input that I'm trying to speed up. I have set up an "Input integer variable" that prompts me for a numeric value that I would like to have temporarily stored and then have the XXX text strings replaced with the numeric values that I had just input. The prompt works but I just haven't been able to figure out how to have those XXX text strings replaced with the numeric values. How should I approach this? It would seem easiest to have the text replaced prior to its input into the text editor or is it not that simple? Do I need to create a seperate macro in the text editor for this purpose? Suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks

If you just need to type out the contents of the variable, is should look something like this below.

N01 (7);C=C%N7%;FAC=7

N01 (6);C=C%N6%;FAC=6

N01 (5);C=C%N5%';FAC=5

N01 (4);C=C%N4%';FAC=4

N01 (3);C=C%N3%;FAC=3

N01 (2);C=C%N2%;FAC=2

N01 (1);C=C%N1%;FAC=1