Macro Express Forums

How To Lock The Keyboard And Mouse Out?

chriz1000

When a macro is running I’m getting a problem where if I click the mouse or type anything, it will interfere with the macro and it won’t complete correctly.

I can’t set the macro to write to a certain file only, as the name of the file changes on a very regular basis. Is there a way to lock out the keyboard and mouse until the macro has completed?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
The option to lock the keyboard and mouse are not currently available, but we are looking at the option and are planning to add it in a future release.

Hi, just wondering what's happening with this? It would be a nice function. I'm always kind of nervous when I run my macro and they come to clean my office..... :rolleyes:

If it was possible to to lock out the mouse and the keyboard, you still had to be able to use the abort macro hotkey.

When a macro is running I’m getting a problem where if I click the mouse or type anything, it will interfere with the macro and it won’t complete correctly... Is there a way to lock out the keyboard and mouse until the macro has completed?

Cheers

One workaround I use (while we wait for such a ME function to exist) is to use a Text Box Display and set it to "Floating Box until 'Close Box' command or end of macro".

The key here, is to set the size and position of the Text Box manually. Make it BIG. Take up the whole screen. Make sure to check the box that says "Always on top". In the middle of the text box, I type something like "Please do not touch the mouse or keyboard". At the end of the macro, use the "Close Text Box" command. While the text box is open, and on top of any other application, your macro will work as normal.

This workaround isn't fool proof, but it sure is effective. It's also great for hiding sensitive information the macro may be working on. (ie: company data, etc).

Hopefully this helps, and hopefully a ME function comes out soon to lock the mouse/keyboard.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip but it doesn't lock for any movement and I sometimes want to see whats happening when the macro runs.

I'm interested to hear what ISS thinks of this, Jason said (Apr 25 2006) that it was planned for a future release. Is the future soon... :-) I hope so.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the tip but it doesn't lock for any movement and I sometimes want to see whats happening when the macro runs.

I'm interested to hear what ISS thinks of this, Jason said (Apr 25 2006) that it was planned for a future release. Is the future soon... :-) I hope so.

:huh: Anyone have an update when this feature would come out if it is going to come out?

Hey marco polo ,

thanks for that!. though it doesnt solve all problems at least the other users are aware that they dont need to meddle with it and will be careful. i run my macros for 11hr or more and i wont be there (logoff) and other users come in and hence this helped me .

saying that if it could be available(locking keyboard and mouse) it would be great! and also some may to (probably when the macro ends or i dont know just thinbking) make the keyboard else mouse to get disabled and active.