Macro Express Forums

Getting The Full Address Of A File?

zoobiewa

I want to try and make a macro that can make a file browser essentially an ftp program as well. To do this, I need to be able to get the address location of a file as it exists on the hard drive. I want to be able to click on a file and get something like c:/website/images/image-001.jpg copied to the clipboard.

I can't seem to find any way to do this. Any ideas?

So, if I understand you correctly, you want to select a file in PowerDesk and have Macro Express recognize it (presumably using a hotkey), get the selected filename and then upload it to your FTP server?

If so, the only thing I can see potentially being a problem is getting the information from PowerDesk. The first thing I would do is try to copy the file to the clipboard (using Ctrl+C). If this copies the full filepath into the clipboard then you can do the rest using Macro Express pretty easily. If it doesn't copy that information to the clipboard, then we have to figure out how to access the filepath differently.