Macro Express Forums

Portable Macro Express

zoobiewa

Portable applications seem to be a recently popular trend. I've been following the hype a little, and can see how useful it would be to be able to carry around your internet browser, ftp client, graphics editor, etc., on a usb drive, for use on any computer. If anyone is fuzzy on this concept, here's a little snippet from portableapps.com.

A portable app is a computer program that you can carry around with you on a portable device and use on any Windows computer. When your USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod or other portable device is plugged in, you have access to your software and personal data just as you would on your own PC. And when you unplug, none of your personal data is left behind.
I've been interested in trying to create a system, but a major appeal for me would be to be able to carry my macro express macros around with me as well. If any macro express developers have thought about this implementation, I'd love to hear any news on the subject. I've tried to figure out how to do it with the existing setup, but even exporting macros as .mxe require an installation of the macro express player.

Thoughts? Solutions?

I've been using Portable Firefox, and (aside from long loading time) it's quite excellent. Great to have a decent browser on any computer. ;-)

I think it would be terrific if we could get a portable version of Macro Express. The only problem I see is that Portable Apps are generally free software.

Perhaps there could be a way to play back Macros from a USB drive?

• 4 weeks later...