Macro Express Forums

Outlook New Call Feature (.zip Attached)

kpunches

Hello all,

I'm a Tech Recruiter and ME has saved my work day. I've automated everything in my workflow process and could not be more thankful for this product.

Currently I'm looking for a better Macro that will dial #'s for me using the "new call" feature in outlook.

NOTE: My phone is linked to outlook and outlook dials via modem.

My current macro (attached) copies a person's phone number to a variable, activates outlook, brings the New Call dialog up, inserts the variable (the number) and dials the #

Is there something that I can do from within ME that will pull up a New Call dialog without having to activate Outlook in order to activate the New Call dialog?

It would be great because, as it stands now, everytime I want to make a call I have to navigate away from whatever page I'm currently looking at.

Any help, as always, is very much appreciated.

Dialer.zip

No matter in which window you are when you like to start a call,

<LAUNCHYES3:0:0112Contacts<LAUNCH:C:\Programme\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE<PARAM>/c ipm.contacts><WAITWIN2:000010:000000:contacts>

should open your contacts to choose whom you want to call.

Having finished your call, it isn't difficult to make your macro enter an appointment starting at the time when you started your call and showing duration, name and telno.