Macro Express Forums

Multiple Choice Menu

Morgan

I have a multiple choice menu with 5 choices. The first four choices allow the macro to continue based on the selected choice. When the 5th choice is selected, however, I would like to have the macro execute an action (a text box) and then go back to the original multiple choice menu, until one of the 1st four choices are made.

The only way I have been able to do this is to copy the original multiple choice menu, remove the 5th choice, then put it at the end of the IF command for the 5th choice. This works ok, but it prevents the user from returning to the 5th choice more than once.

I'm sure this can be done, I just need some help figuring it out.

The 5 choices are

1 Reduce image by 10%

2 Reduce image by 20%

3 Reduce image by 30%

4 Reduce image by 40 %

5 Pause macro and read about reducing images.

Thanks for any advise. I'll be continuing to try to figure this out .

There must be many ways of doing this. I would do it as follows:

Put the menu and the various actions in a repeat loop. To set an infinite repeat I usually use "repeat until %N99%=1" where %N99% is never set or incremented (lots of other ways to do this or limit repeats).

For each of the option instructions to resize the image, have a repeat "break" command directly after. That will kick it out of the repeat loop and finish the macro or go on to other actions. You can also use a "macro stop" command.

For the "pause/read about" option instructions, have the text box open. No "break" command. When the text box is closed, the macro will continue back round the loop to the choice menu.

To set an infinite repeat I usually use "repeat until %N99%=1" where %N99% is never set or incremented (lots of other ways to do this or limit repeats).

For infinite loops, I usually use "repeat until %N1% <> %N1%", because it's then obvious even to someone unfamiliar with the code that this is never going to return true.

But like you said- many ways to do it B)