Macro Express Forums

Password Unlock

johnboy691

I develop macros for my company. We have one that is in use by over 100 employees. When I designed the macro I did not password protect it. I have now upgraded this macro and went to delete the older version on an employee's computer and couldn't because it asks for the password. I didn't password protect it and the employee doesn't remember doing it. How can I get the old version off of their computer so I can load the new one using the same hot key?

Thanks, John

There have been a few reports of macro files becoming corrupted and starting to require a password were one was not needed before. Macro Express has been updated to fix this problem. Another change was made to remind the user if the automatic backups are not enable.

The best solution to correct the problem may be to rebuild the macro file. Here are some recommendations:

• Make sure that you are using the latest version of Macro Express available from www.macros.com/download.htm.
  • Launch Macro Express and create a new macro file (click File, New Macro File).
  • Import macros from your existing macro file into the new macro file (click File, Import, Import Macros).
  • If desired you can rename the macro file.

• When you get your macro file running again, back it up. Often. One way to do this is to enable the automatic backup options found in Options, Preferences, Backup.