Macro Express Forums

Problems With Vista & Ie7

BlueRocket

Is anyone else having problems running MacroExpress under IE7 on Vista? For whatever reason, I can't seem to get ME to recgonize shortcut keys or hot keys. I know my marcos are good because they work in Notepad and other applictions. But for some reason I can't use them in IE7. BTW, they worked fine in IE7 running on XP. It wasn't until I upgraded to Vista that I started to have problems with these.

Please tell me it's a simple fix? :(

Because of a new security feature in IE7 under Vista, Macro Express will not run without turning off the protected mode in IE7. To do this click on Tools | Internet Options, Security tab in IE7. There should be a check box to turn the protected mode on or off. The feature blocks all keyboard hooks in IE7. We are currently looking into how to correct this issue.

WooHoo - that worked like a charm. Thanks!

Funny enough, I was just looking around the Security settings to see if there was anything that looked out of place. I noticed the protected mode, but I couldn't find any info on what it was or did. So I didn't change it. Thanks for letting me know. I think the added risk is worth the benefit of using ME. :D

Because of a new security feature in IE7 under Vista, Macro Express will not run without turning off the protected mode in IE7. To do this click on Tools | Internet Options, Security tab in IE7. There should be a check box to turn the protected mode on or off. The feature blocks all keyboard hooks in IE7. We are currently looking into how to correct this issue.

I see no protected mode in IE7 on my new Thinkpad T60. Poked all around. The laptop is running XP Pro. Any clue why I can't find it? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, but I need some help here - I click on Tools, then Internet Options, then Security then what do I click on? I have 4 options - Select a zone to view or change security settings - do I choose Internet, Local Internet, Trusted Sites, or Ristricted Sites? Then do I choose custom Level to get to what I need to change? And if so, what in the custom level do I change?

I just installed Internet Explorer 7 (vista) and when I try to run any macro I get this "The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.

Then when I click on the OK button the error box will not close.

Thanks!