Macro Express Forums

Why This Not Working?

terrypin

I'm pretty sure I did have this working fine when I last tried it a few days ago, but now it fails repeatedly. It's aim is simply to bring up ME's Mouse Locator. Sometimes I can get it to run with F9 from the Scripting Editor, but F8 doesn't work and nor does the assigned hotkey.

Activate Window: "Macro Express"

Keystroke Speed: 10 Milliseconds

Wait For Window Title: "Macro Express"

// Tools > Mouse Locator

Text Type: <ALT>tl

Window Minimize: "Macro Express"

Tried delays, ALTD/ALTU, and various other amendements, all without success.

Can anyone suggest where it's going wrong please? Am I perhaps making a basic error in trying to get ME to sort of 'operate on itself'?

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK

Thanks Joe, but that made no difference.

Whatever version I use, ranging from the ultra-simple

Activate Window: "Macro Express"

Keystroke Speed: 100 Milliseconds

Text Type: <ALT>tl

to variations like the one in my original post, I get similar results. It runs OK from Scripting Editor with F9 or hotkey. And it appears to run (running man) when ME Editor is minimised, but no Mouse Locator appears. And, although I haven't been able to repeat it, on one occasion, with a very slow keystroke speed, I briefly observed it applying Alt, t, l to another application entirely, Textpad, my text editor, which was just minimised in the XP Home Taskbar! I think that was using F8, but, as mentioned, that seems erratic. And F8 always sticks on the 'Wait for Window' command, despite the window being present throughout.

Maybe I was mistaken, and I have never been able to run it with ME Editor minimised. But is there any reason in principle why you can't use Activate etc on ME windows please?

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK