Macro Express Forums

Error # 10060

dlawton

Hi

I am getting an intermittent error when using a simple scheduled macro to email an attachment.

The dial up connection is made OK, but then I get either:-

Error 421: timeout exceeded

or

Connection closed gracefully

or most often

Email send error: Socket Error # 10060

Connection timed out

The attachment is only 17k

Thanks

David

Welcome to the forum ...

These kinds of errors displayed by Macro Express when using the email commands are being passed back from Windows. They are not Macro Express errors. I did a Google search on this and found many explanations. This one seems to be a pretty good summation:

It means that Windows reported that a connection attempt or idle connection timed out.

If this error occurs during a connection attempt (eg in a VPOP3 - SMTP Client connection problem error message), then it means that Windows couldn't connect to the ISP mail server within a fixed time (the timeout limit is fixed within Windows itself). This problem can either mean that your ISP is having a problem, that you are connecting through a slow proxy (in this case, try increasing the Diagnostics -> Tuning, "Connect Attempt Count" or "Connect Retry Time" settings), or that your Dial-up connection is faulty.

If this error occurs whilst a connection is in progress (eg in a VPOP3 - POP3 Client Problem error message), then it means that the connection was idle for a set time - this set time can be changed on the VPOP3 Diagnostics -> TCP/IP Tuning window.