Macro Express Forums

Re-assigning Variable Value

johnboy691

I don't know if the ole brain just isn't working or what...but here's where I need some help or ideas.

Each time the key starts I want variable T1 to equal 8703513.

I want T1 to always equal this each time I start the key, without setting it each time.

However, after the key starts and ends 14 times, when I restart it the 15th time I want to be able to change the value of T1 to 8703600. NOTE: the 14th and 15th times are just examples, not relevant to the running of the key.

Any ideas on how to hold the value in T1 till I want to change it on the start-up of the key in the future?

Thanks for any help,

John

You know :blink: I knew the ole brain probably wasn't working correctly yesterday. And I was right! :D I figured it out with a good night's sleep. Thought I would share.

<TVAR2:02:01:8300708751><MENU2:2:T:01:CenterCenter:Change DCN prefixDo you want to change the DCN prefix?&Yes

><IFVAR2:1:01:1:A><TVAR2:03:02:FEnter new rangeFFCenter:Center><TMVAR2:21:02:01:000:000:%T2%%T3%><ENDIF><TVAR2:05:02:FEnter last three digits of DCN rangeFFCenter:Center><TEXTTYPE:<ARROW DOWN>><TEXTTYPE:%T2%%T5%><TEXTTYPE:<ARROW DOWN>>

John

Key? I’m not sure what you mean. Do you mean a macro launched by a hot key? I’ll assume you do for this message. I will also assume that you don’t know when it’s going to want to change. I’ll also assume it isn’t running in some loop or whatever and you need to have it remember what the value was last time.

At the end of the macro simply write the value to the registry and read it in at the beginning. It sounds a little scary at first but it’s very simple, fast and won’t crash your system.

<REGRSTR:1:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express\Miscellaneous\johnboy><TVAR2:01:02:FWhat would you like?FFCenter:Center><TBOX4:T:1:CenterCenter000278000200:000:Do somethignTHis is where you would do somethign in the macro.
%T1%><REGWSTR:1:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express\Miscellaneous\johnboy>

Try this macro as an example.