Macro Express Forums

Why Is My "if" Case Not Working

koden

I figured out how to download your file. Just need to rename the index.html.

This works fine for me. I created a notepad doc named error.txt so that I had a window with a title ‘error’. With it open the “If” worked and if not the section was skipped.

You mention “If Not” in your post but this statement is an “If’ not an “If Not”. Are you sure you got this straight?

Thanks..will use ZIP next time.

Funny not working on my pc but working on your.... Hmm..

What do you mean with:

"You mention “If Not” in your post but this statement is an “If’ not an “If Not”. Are you sure you got this straight?"

My english understanding sometimes sucks ... :-)

I will drop clear variables.... What is BTW meaning?

Soon this will be a course in english writing,speaking and understanding :-))))

I'm so sorry, I keep forgetting. No problem with the English lessons!

BTW= "By The Way" We use a lot of these on message boards.

"If" versus "If Not": Somewhere along in your message and reading your code I was a little confused and I was thinking you may have intended to use "If Window Not Running" instead of "If Window Running". IOW (In Other Words) is the condition you wish that is is not running or that it is.

Try what I tried with the Notepad window to see if you get a similar result. Also when in the editor open up the dialog box for shoosing the window and make sure there are no more windows with the string "error" in the title.

I have an idea. Is the windows title exactly "error" and nothing else or is there more text? You "If Window" allows for a partial match. You probably intended this but I thought I would point it out just in case.