Macro Express Forums

Data Synchroization And Mapping

patgenn123

Out of curiosity, I've been trying figure out whether I should just buy a program that synchcronizes data bidirectionally from one database program to another specifically from a Mortgage database to ACT!, but I don't know if it's worth the effort to do this with ME if it can be done anyway.

Can this be done with ME?

It can be done but usually there are built in import export capabilities that could do a better job. However I often need to tweak things just a bit in cases like these so I will often use ME and the export/import capabilities of the program to save me writing a ton of code in ME.

BTW, ME works very will for processing delimited ASCII text files which are usually the default export format. For instance I will often get data CSV from OCR or other sources but need to rearrange and make comparisons for import. In one case I have a macro that plows thru a couple of CSV files and make comparisons and decisions and in some cases even prompting the user to make decisions. The results are pushed to a tab separated file which is then easy to port into Excel for another app.