Macro Express Forums

How To Kill/disable A Macro That Is Scheduled

I have a macro that runs every 5 minutes in between certain times during the day. Sometimes I would like for it to skip a turn but I don't want to go into ME and highlight the macro then right click on it and then disable it. Is there a way to assign it a hotkey that would make it skip a turn?

For example, it is scheduled to start at 9:30 runs at 9:35, 9:40 etc... If i want it to skip at 10:05 (but not skip at 10:05 all the time) how can i stop it from running that would be a very quick and easy way to do that?

Thanks

Eric

Just create another macro with a single command Macro Disable and point that to your macro. To keep from writing two macros you could add an If condition and an Else like below. This way no matter the state it will toggle it on or off and let you know which way.

If Macro "Run Macro Express Editor" Enabled
 Macro Disable: Run Macro Express Editor
 Text Box Display: Enable/Disable
Else
 Macro Enable: Run Macro Express Editor
 Text Box Display: Enable/Disable
End If

<IFOTH:17:1:Run Macro Express Editor><MACDEACT2:Run Macro Express Editor><TBOX4:T:2:CenterCenter000278000200:002:Enable/DisableMacro X has been Disabled><ELSE><MACACT2:Run Macro Express Editor><TBOX4:T:2:CenterCenter000278000200:002:Enable/DisableMacro X has been enabled><ENDIF>

Fair warning: If more than one user is using this macro it will disable it for all of them.

Here's another method:

Have your scheduled macro check for the existence of a specific file in a specific location. Have the macro Return immediately if this specified file exists.

All you then have to do is cause the specified file to exist when you don't want the macro to do anything this time around (what I do is have a file called, say, G:\Ceru\DoNotRunMeX.txt; when I don't want to run the specific task, I rename this file to G:\Ceru\DoNotRunMe.txt, which is the name of the file being checked by the macro; then I rename it including that final X when the macro is allowed to run again).