Macro Express Forums

Chance Caption Color On Form

KurtKubic

I'm working a lot with a specific application and have designed som macros to use with it. I need to turn the macro on and off all the time and therefor I have created another macro to do this!

This is working fine! But I need some kind of indication on the status of the macro - if it is turned on or off. One possibility I thought off was to change the color of the caption-bar of the application!

Is this possible? Green if enabled - red if not!

Lars

Thanks for your answer!

I am using these commands! The issue is to find a way to show if the macro is enabled or not! How can I do that? In other words: I need to make a visible change/setting to the application - something that "lasts" after the macro that makes the change has terminated. I cant have a macro running all the time, because I need to run other macros!

I hope it is somewhat understandable!

Lars

I once created a pair of 'popup menu' macros, each with a different icon and placed them in the System Tray. Other macros enabled one of the macros at a time. This gave me an indication in the system tray when specific things were enabled or disabled. You could use this technique by enabling and disabling two (or more) macros at a time.

I know this does not display the status "in the application" but it worked for me.

Here is a refinement of this idea:

Create two popup menu macros and set the 'Icons Only' option property dialog. Adjust the X, Y coordinates to position the popup menu where you want it. Make sure each popup menu has a unique icon. Then, enable and disable the icons as needed.

I have not tested this second approach but it seems like it should work.

Oh - its been a while - i'm sorry!

I didn't quite understand what you meant about the popups, so I programmed to very small applications in delphi (with window-sizes only like 1 times 4 centimeters) and I use these as indicators of the state my macro is in!

Thanks for your help!

Lars