Macro Express Forums

No Hotkey For "lmouse Doubleclick"?

tparker24

I don’t think you want to do that. In order to Double click on an icon it would have to be global which would now mean that the doubleclick would be shanghaied everywhere. This is a Windows thing and usually you want to have some activation different than the Windows default things.

I’ve never tried it but you might be able to use the left click and then have a ‘wait for left click’. But like I said, this would take over and you wouldn’t be able to double click anywhere in windows now.

Generally I would never come across this. Normally if there was an application I wanted to run a macro I would have ME running all the time and have a macro that launches the application and assign it a hotkey. See Windows Programs > Activate or Launch.

In order to Double click on an icon it would have to be global which would now mean that the doubleclick would be shanghaied everywhere.

No, as I mentioned I just want to double click inside a particular application (i.e. my Scope is set to Window Specific). The double click would then be my HotKey to a macro I've written for inside the application.

Oh, I see. I thought you said you were trying to launch an application you were clicking on.

It’s an interesting problem. I just tried my suggestion and it works but with a serious drawback. I used left click as the activation and then did a Wait Left Mouse Click for 1 second followed by some Text Type in Notepad. It works but if you ever single click and don’t follow up with another click you will get a time out error. I don’t see any way around it.

I suggest using a different activation. For instance a Right Mouse Click or better yet a Middle Mouse button click or possibly combination with a keyboard key.