Macro Express Forums

Email Crashing

cyberchief

Did you send us the crash report? If so, we can track it down and fix it. In the meantime you might want to write a routine that verifies the email address. Check for '@' and '.com', '.net', '.org. etc.

What do the bad email addresses look like?

The specific error message states:

Exception: 550 5.1.1 <David.Barber383838@email.com>... User Unknown

I am guessing that this is due to Macro checking the mail server to see if the user exists. It is a ME error, not a Windows error. I would like to be able to capture that error and have the macro continue running rather than aborting.

Try using the Log Errors command. Enable the 'Do not display error messages (log only)' option. You might want to separate the email send into a separate macro, use the Macro Run command to run it and leave the display of error messages enabled in the main macro.

Been working with this program for 2+ years and still always learning.
I've been working with the program for much longer and I'm still learning new things!

Here's a challenge to all:

If you post a cool topic, tip, or macro on the forum we will feature it in the Macro Express News email newsletter. You will get your name in lights (well in the newsletter and on our website) and receive a cool Macro Express T-shirt.

The topic, tip or macro will be selected solely by Insight Software Solutions. Preference will be give to an item that that teaches us (Insight Software Solutions people) something new about Macro Express, or items with the broadest appeal. We will accept and consider nominations. If you spot a topic, tip, or macro that you think is deserving of wider publication (and a T-shirt), let us know and we'll consider it.

Here are two recent examples of terrific topics that taught us something completely new about Macro Express.

This item will be also posted as a separate topic to make it available to more forum readers.

Been working with this program for 2+ years and still always learning.
I've been working with the program for much longer and I'm still learning new things!

Here's a challenge to all:

If you post a cool topic, tip, or macro on the forum we will feature it in the Macro Express News email newsletter. You will get your name in lights (well in the newsletter and on our website) and receive a cool Macro Express T-shirt.

The topic, tip or macro will be selected solely by Insight Software Solutions. Preference will be give to an item that that teaches us (Insight Software Solutions people) something new about Macro Express, or items with the broadest appeal. We will accept and consider nominations. If you spot a topic, tip, or macro that you think is deserving of wider publication (and a T-shirt), let us know and we'll consider it.

Here are two recent examples of terrific topics that taught us something completely new about Macro Express.

This item will be also posted as a separate topic to make it available to more forum readers.

Cool. Do I get a T-Shirt???? :D

Just kidding.

Thanks again, Kevin!!!