Macro Express Forums

Feature

Amerifax-Bob

I have posted this message at a bunch of different places and just can't seem to find a response. Thought I would post here and hope for the best...

Everybody says Photoshop can DO.

I say sure!?!?

1. I want to rotate a cocked page when I do a clip.

2. I never know the exact percentage or degree of rotation, that’s strictly a guess.

3. What I do know is usually some kind of a straight line or edge in picture.

a. Good example would be a scan of a book’s front page. It usually has a “title” that is horizontal to the page. This is my starting point.

Solution:

1. If I draw a line horizontal to the “title”, and can execute crop I have my solution providing the program knows that that line is the horizontal of my picture.

2. Here’s my way of thinking for this. If I can draw the line as I indicated above and hit enter and it goes horizontal that’s good. But some Photo program is going to take it to the next step. And I hope it’s you. Two buttons that can interact with that horizontal line.

a. Horizontal button would rotate the page whereas your line would end up horizontal.

b. A vertical button would rotate the page where your line is vertical or perpendicular.

Bottom line a photo editing program that has a crop tool that can crop based on a line you draw over your picture that can go vertical or horizontal. It would automatically line the picture up to be perfectly horizontal or vertical.

I hope this explains to you what my needs are. Do you have a work around for what I’m trying to do? I do have macro capabilities with Macro Express.

Bob

Trying to do the rotation by degrees is like trying to spread butter on bread on a baked potato with a hot fork. You know if nobody else has this and it’s something new it would be like a shoe manufacturer making shoes with no way to hold them on and someone coming around and saying hey why don’t we use laces on those.

You have a page from a book that you scanned and it is maybe

> 10-15 degrees off from being straight. In other words the picture is

> cocked. Then on that page you have a title and that title is 'This Is

> the Story of Computers.' What you would do is draw a line under 'This

> Is the Story of Computers', clicking A (horizontal) would cause that

> page to rotate to a perfect picture view. If you click B (vertical)

> that page would rotate to a perfect landscape view; in this case that

> would be an undesirable choice. But in some cases that would be a

> desirable value.

We've used PaperPort a lot over the years.

Visioneer Click Products, 3rd Party Software.

There was a feature that you could use to align by clicking on one portion of the document, drag and release or click again. It may also auto rotate.

Here's some code I threw together to execute such a feature.

Prompt the user for the number of times to rotate clockwise and rotate it.

<REM2:Prompt user:  Rotate clockwise how many times?><IVAR2:01:02:FRotate clockwise how many times?TTCenter:Center><REM2:Execute rotation N1 times.><REP3:05:000001:000001:0001:0:01:><REM2:Keyboard Shortcut><CTRLD><TEXTTYPE:r><CTRLU><REM2:OR><REM2:Click button.><MMW2:100,100><LCLK><REM2:Delay between rotations.><MSD:0300><ENDREP><REM2:Execute alignment feature.><REM2:Keyboard Shortcut><CTRLD><TEXTTYPE:i><CTRLU><REM2:OR><REM2:Click button.><MMW2:150,100><LCLK><REM2:Delay.><MSD:0300><REM2:Go near beginning of title.><MMW2:250,250><REM2:Click button down.><LDN><REM2:Go near end of title.><MMW2:450,250><REM2:User to click and release left button up.>

// Prompt user:  Rotate clockwise how many times?

Variable Set Integer %N1% from Prompt

// Execute rotation N1 times.

Repeat with Variable using %N1%

// Keyboard Shortcut

Control Key Down

Text Type: r

Control Key Up

// OR

// Click button.

Mouse Move Window 100, 100

Mouse Left Button Click

// Delay between rotations.

Delay 300 Milliseconds

Repeat End

// Execute alignment feature.

// Keyboard Shortcut

Control Key Down

Text Type: i

Control Key Up

// OR

// Click button.

Mouse Move Window 150, 100

Mouse Left Button Click

// Delay.

Delay 300 Milliseconds

// Go near beginning of title.

Mouse Move Window 250, 250

// Click button down.

Mouse Left Button Down

// Go near end of title.

Mouse Move Window 450, 250

// User to click and release left button up.

iceman