Macro Express Forums

Move Mouse To Tray Icon

ArsenoLupino

I am on ME version 3.7.0.1 and Windows XP SP2. When I use the Move Mouse to Tray Icon command, the mouse moves into the general tray icon area, but points to the side of the area, not to the specific icon I need. The result is the same no matter what icon I try to move to. In the taskbar, the "Hide inactive icons" box is unchecked. Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

In the Move Mouse to Tray Icon do you have 'Move the mouse to the 'Center' selected? With 'Specific Coordinates' selected the mouse can be moved away from the selected tray icon.

I tried this here with Macro Express v 3.7.0.1 (v 3.7) and v 3.7.1.1 (v 3.7a) and it works fine. If you continue to have trouble then post your macro so we can check it.

The macro uses code like this:

<MOVETOTRAY:Capture TextF:F:0:0><LCLK>

The Move Mouse to Tray Icon command points to the center of the icon. On execution, the pointer goes to the side of the system tray, where no icon is actually present. If the taskbar is at the bottom of the screen, it points to the bottom side of the system tray. If the taskbar is on the left side of the screen, it points to the left side of the system tray. So the pattern seems to be that it overshoots where the desired icon is located and ends up on the screen border. When the macro left-clicks, nothing happens because it is not clicking on an icon.

I tried with various system tray icons, the result is always the same. My taskbar settings are not to hide the unused icons, like it should be. I'm on Windows XP SP2.

My workaround has been to ask the user at the start of the macro to point the mouse to the desired icon, record the mouse location and use it later on in the macro. It works, but not as easily as it should.

Thanks.