Macro Express Forums

Macedit.exe - No Disk Error Starting Editor

Meanderthal

Now for some reason I get this error in Macro Express 3.7 build 1 : (i had it in prior versions as well)

macedit.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D:.

I get this error when double-clicking the macro express icon in the tray to get into editor. I press cancel about 30 times and it finally lets me in. I have been a macro express user for years and have about 200 macros. Is there a log or a process to go through to find why this error is occuring? Even if I was referencing the D drive before checking if it existed in one of my macros, why would the error pop up? Since I am not actually running any macros just pulling up the editor?

My workaround so far has been to just keep a cd in the drive at all times.

Thanks for any advice!

No it works fine after I get past all those errors. The strangest thing is that this error only comes up occasionally, like right now I just rebooted and am starting up the editor just fine no errors. But I've seen it enough (going on for months now), to know it will be back. That's why I was wondering if there's a logfile somewhere.