Macro Express Forums

Vista Problem - 2 Ie Windows Opening Up

georgeberz

I am running Vista and this does not happen. I think you may have some adware or something else going on with your machine. This is not normal Vista/ME behavior.

Are you using IE7?

How are your settings configured for opening new web pages, do they open in a new window or to a tab? Do you have tabbed browsing enabled even?

I do support for others via remote management with www.logmein.com

When you open a webpage normally in vista with IE7 and click on the IE icon it opens up only 1 page as it shoud and goes to your default page in IE.

When you have ME current release open a website it opens 2 pages one blank that constantly says connecting and the other that goes where you want to go.

I have notices this on EVERY vista system my customers have installed ME on, It has to be a default setting somepleace in vista.

I dont recall about tabbed browsing or not, whatever ie is set up by default to do. which is tabbed browsing

I just ran a couple of tests on Vista Ultimate on two different machines and could not replicate your complaint. So it's not inherent with Vista, it has to be environmental. Something is different on those machines.

Are the websites secure? I know IE7 will open a separate window when in a different zone. For instance if you have a web page open that’s in the trusted sites list and open a page that is in the “Internet Zone” it will open to another page. Maybe one of the pages is a redirect.

Give me the web address and let me try it on my machine.

Does logmein work from a web portal?

• 3 months later...

Ok so here is the site

https://post.craigslist.org/fre/S/car/none/x

I am thinking mabye it has to do with the securities settings in ie7??? site settings, that sounds like a possible situation, as It only happens on like 1/2 of my installations, and I never thought of that... and we are opening up a https session...

but I use ie7 on xp all the time and never this problems....

Another use above has the exact same problems where a 2nd window pops up and neverending connecting is displayed and the blue bar makes it look like it actually is trying to go somewhere but never actually does.

Thanks

George

I just ran a couple of tests on Vista Ultimate on two different machines and could not replicate your complaint. So it's not inherent with Vista, it has to be environmental. Something is different on those machines.

Are the websites secure? I know IE7 will open a separate window when in a different zone. For instance if you have a web page open that’s in the trusted sites list and open a page that is in the “Internet Zone” it will open to another page. Maybe one of the pages is a redirect.

Give me the web address and let me try it on my machine.

Does logmein work from a web portal?