Macro Express Forums

Me Usage Within Citrix

johnboy691

I've read I think every article on the database here about Citrix and ME. What I'm gaining from that information is that you can have ME on either the local computer or on the server Citrix is served by.

If I have ME on the Citrix server...

1. Can numerous people use the same macro...at the same time. Say I want to move within the Server for Citrix from Lotus Notes to Excel, and that macro activation is Ctrl+B. Can more than one person do Ctrl+B as the same time without any problems. (Note; they are each logged in under their own ID)

2. If ME is put on the server...do you then use the Activate command to open each window for say Lotus Notes and then Excel?

If I have ME on the local computer...

1. How can I have ME "find" the correct program to activate it? So far all I can think of is tabbing and then enter. But...every processor does not, nor could open all programs in the same order.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

1. Can numerous people use the same macro...at the same time. Say I want to move within the Server for Citrix from Lotus Notes to Excel, and that macro activation is Ctrl+B. Can more than one person do Ctrl+B as the same time without any problems. (Note; they are each logged in under their own ID)
All users can share the same macro file as long as it is stored on a shared folder. Make sure that the 'File Locking of Macro File' option is enabled (it is enabled by default in Macro Express v 3.7 and later).
2. If ME is put on the server...do you then use the Activate command to open each window for say Lotus Notes and then Excel?
Yes.
If I have ME on the local computer...

1. How can I have ME "find" the correct program to activate it? So far all I can think of is tabbing and then enter. But...every processor does not, nor could open all programs in the same order.

That is one of the difficulties when Macro Express is loaded on the workstation and trying to control an application running on the Citrix server.