Macro Express Forums

Tray Icon Options

Cory

I seem to remember a place in the options of ME that controlled how the tray icon works but I can’t seem to find it now. Does anyone know what I’m talking about and where it is?

My problem is a compatibility with a piece of timecard software called TCM. When you single left click the icon it pops up. But ME also acts as if it’s been clicked on and gives the user a password prompt. It only occurs when ME appears next to TCM but I can’t seem ot change how TCM is launched or the order of appearance of the icons. The best way I can describe it is that it seems like the single click is still going after the TCM icon vanishes and the ME icon falls under the click as well causing it to execute.

I could hide the ME icon but then I run into problems with other apps. For some reason ME always wants to be to its left and I was thinking that if I could change the activation to be a doubleclick I might avoid the problem. It’s not an ME problem but I’m getting no love from TCM support so I’m looking for other options.

Any thoughts?

Macro Express allows you to select the action that occurs when you left click on the tray icon. Click Options, Preferences, Miscellaneous and look at the 'System Tray Left Click Option'. You could turn off responses to left click and use right-click to open the editor.