Macro Express Forums

Possible To Position The Cursor?

sridhar

In Direct Access (a program in which one can set abbreviations to have them expanded to a pre-set text) it's possible to set an abbreviation (ShortKey) named, say 'thep' to

to handle enterPage
#Cur()
end enterPage

so that when the shortkey is typed, it expands to the above with a blinking cursor in the second line (after a tab position).

The only way that seems to be possible to do the same in ME seems to be:

to handle enterPage<ENTER>
end enterPage<HOME><ARROW UP><TAB>

It's fine in this case but will be painful at times when I want the cursor to be positioned at specific locations for which I need to count the number of characters and manually select Backspace that many times.

So, my question is: Is it possible to position the cursor easily after the text is typed out in ME?

For the life of me I can't understand what you're looking to do exactly. So with DA you type a simple bit of text and when it sees that it expands the text to a larger bit of text. Do I have this right so far? IOW it’s like Word’s AutoText feature.

Now the first thing I don’t understand in your message is that the text generated in the second code box is missing the second line in the example of your first code box. Am I missing something here?

But to answer your question “Yes” it is easy to position your cursor. But I don’t understand about you needing to count characters in order to know to backspace X number of times. Would it not be better to just not type the text in the first place? So I must be missing something here.

Also between the two code sections you say the cursor will be positioned after the tab position of the second line. What tab?