Macro Express Forums

Move macro file from macex to macex

koden

I have 2 macros on 2 computers.

Now I would like to put it all to the one computer and run macro from there.

But how do I export the foldres with my macro files to the other computer and put them into the macex file there?

Do I export them as playable macros?

I have about 5 folders with about 25 macros.

If i have to export all as playable then i have to do it one at the time and give them a name.

Take some time....

Short Answer

You can export and import macros by clicking File, Export or File, Import.

Long Answer

Macro Express stores a single macro in a file with a .mxe extension. This is called a playable macro. Many macros can be stored in one file with a .mex extension. This is called a macro file or macro library.

As you are aware, you can save a single macro as a playable (.mxe) macro. You can import the macro from a playable macro into a macro file. You can export or import macros from one macro file to another. To do this Click File, Export or File, Import.

You can copy a playable macro file or a macro file (macro library) just like any other file on your computer (using My Computer/Windows Explorer). You could, in fact, copy your folders containing macro files from one computer to another. They can be stored on the hard drive inside your computer, on a drive attached to your computer (a USB drive, for example), or on a file share on a network computer or server.

A single macro file can be shared by a number of computers by storing it on a network drive. (If you are using a version of Macro Express prior to v 3.6 then you need to make sure to enable the File Locking of Macro Files found in Options, Preferences, Network.)

To open a macro file in Macro Express click File, Open Macro File and navigate to the macro file. Macro Express will remember the location of the macro file and attempt to load the file from that location the next time it starts up.

Edited by kevin

OK. Thanks... maybe because my english could be better...But I don't understand how this should be done:

"You can copy a (macro library) just like any other file/folder on your computer (using My Computer/Windows Explorer). You could, in fact, copy your folders containing macro files from one computer to another"

If i right click a folder in my macro program, there is no copy.

And If you mean to find a folder on the computer where the folders are, then I can't find this place...

Is it the same folder we are talking about?

The folder i think is the folder i have made in my macro program and where i have my macro files.

Folders i have is "all categories" "unassigned" and the one I have made.

I have 2 MEX files. I would like to merge the MXE files from the 2 MEX files in one of the MEX files og a new one if thats bether.

But I can only find out to do it one at the time with export MXE file to a folder, shut down the MEX file. Open the other MEX file and import the MXE files one by one.

I would like to merge the files in one time???