Macro Express Forums

How To: Multiple Field Input Form Example

A word about the script. Don't be shy. Take a look at it. It's just a standard HTML document. In fact, if you were to export it out of Macro Express and change the file extension to .htm, it would run in your browser.

Hello,

I have WindowsXP, and am using ME v 3.4b.

I downloaded the example, and I was unable to import the standalone into my MEX file. When I ran the standalone example, I did see the "Macro Express and HTML" window. But then I got following ME error:

An error occurred in the HTA script:

T11 - First name = Error

T12 - Last name =

T13 - Email address =

T14 - Color =

T15 - Metals =

T16 - Auto =

T17 - Tuners =

I really would like to take a look at the script to see how it passes variables back and forth between HTA and ME. Can the script be posted on the site or emailed to me?

Thanks!

I was unable to import the standalone into my MEX file

Was there an error of some sort during the import?

Can the script be posted on the site or emailed to me?

Sure ... once I figure out why all of a sudden I can't upload zip files.

In the mean time, you already have the script. Load the mxe file into a text editor and do a "search and replace" all "PGMCRLF"s with real CR/LFs.

In the mean time, you already have the script. Load the mxe file into a text editor and do a "search and replace" all "PGMCRLF"s with real CR/LFs.

Was there an error of some sort during the import?

When I imported the script, ME did not recognize the following:

<REP3:08:000002:000002:0001:1:01:N1>

(The above showed up in the scripting editor as a text type).

I wonder if this repeat is the new "repeat with process" from 3.5+? (I'm only using 3.4b at the moment).

The line

<REP3:08:000002:000002:0001:1:01:N1>

is the command

Repeat Until %N1% <> %N1%

The problem that converted it to a Text Type could have been a conversion issue from either that line or the line above it.

I am sure the macro was written with a later version of Macro Express. From time to time we have to make a change to fix a command. When we do, we are able to ensure that a newer version of Macro Express will properly read both the old and new form of the command but we cannot ensure that an older version of Macro Express will be able to understand the new version of a command.

We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version.

• 8 months later...

to all,

these utilities look very interesting. I've explored the code, and do see how it is structured.

What I wanted was a way to have several drop-down lists, with about 50 values in each; single items selected from each list.

I select one item from each drop-down, and concatenate them to create file names

example

account number _date _type of form_Sequence number

12242_20060315_statement_001

etc

I could use ME, but limitation of choice box is 36 per each.

I came across, in EXCEL, ability to do lists (excel 2003, use DATA, Validation; allows creation of lists)

Is there any easy way to take the form designs of this thread,and make a quick page of several dropdowns, with multiple selections per dropdown?

Since I ahve the Excel method working, I've put off exploring this further, but any feedback appreciated.

thanks

Nick

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a few quick questions...

-Does the macro have to be playing while the HTML window is open?

-Can other macros be running in the meantime?

-Can buttons on the html form launch other macros? (ie- return a keystroke combination)

I am assuming that you can't do scripting with this, ie- JS, PHP, Server side, etc.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I've been using Floyd's example and ammending it as I require but, I am trying to add a new text box beyond the number of variables the T11-T17 format allows (there are 7 input areas in the example and T11-T17 = 7 variables so I assume each field entry takes up one variable).

Am I right in thinking that to allow more than 7 variables I'm going to have to come up with a different method than the original one outlined here:

"Generate a unique file name to be used for the return file and the HTA script."

Date/Time: Set %TempFilename% to the current date/time using "yyyymmddhhmmsszzz as the format

Variable Modify String: Replace "%TempFileName% in %TempFilename% with "mllc%Tempfilename%"

Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys,

I found this form, but unable to edit. I am naive to mep and my requirement is bit different. I have made simple macros but I am planning to make some complex now. Following are my requirements, please guide how do I start and can execute it.

1. It should ask me Name of X item and save it in variable, which it has to use it as a part of several folders name.
2. It should ask me type of x item, A type or B type, if A type, how is A mentioned, Capital A or small a, similarly if B type then how is B mentioned, B or b. Set in variable and use to give folder names.
Also, it will be A 1, or A I or A One or A ONE, similarly with B, so it should ask, is it numerical, roman or alphabetical? if Alphabetical, whole in Caps or just initial caps or all small. Again this set it as variable and use for giving folder names.
3.it ask how many A's, A 1 - A 3, it should make those folders too.
4. It should cut files from one place and save it all in all above created folders and give those file names using their parent directory name.

PS: Till Now I have made following macros for my above requirement, all macros are individual

1. to make new blank folders
2. To give those folder names from their parent directory, using string variables modify and append.
3. To cut particular, (%N1%) files and paste in folder and give file names from parent directory folders.
4. to make specific folders with specific names and under that some specific name folders.

So now I want to club all those macros in one, and it should ask all info at a start, I feed info and it takes all that info and work accordingly.

Even I am ready to PayPal if someone can make this script as per my requirement ;)