Macro Express Forums

Help with Excel with imbeded macros

cyberchief

I am trying to create a extremely simple macro. Launch an excel file and navigate a couple options. Problem is that the excel file is incoded with macros and coding. I am using the program launch command. But it appears that macro sits and waits for the window title... but the excel document is programmed to prompt a user with a yes/no option box (run the imbeded excel macro or not). Macro will not continue running due to the fact that the excel file has not fully launched. The purpose of the macro I am building in ME is to select one of the options in that prompt box. But, again, ME sits and waits for the excel file. Anyone know of a way around this? To get macro to NOT wait for the file? Basically to blindly launch it?

Try Launch Program Only. I think that without a window title it won't wait for it. Then you can wait for a control in the popup box or whatever. And if Excel is already open it will just open to that instance of Excel.

Try Launch Program Only. I think that without a window title it won't wait for it. Then you can wait for a control in the popup box or whatever. And if Excel is already open it will just open to that instance of Excel.

I was trying that yesterday before I posted this, but no go. Still didn't work. I created a work-around by activating the start/run command and using text type with the full file path. That will work I guess.