Macro Express Forums

Text file handling

clipboard

Hi again

Here's one which is driving me nuts!!! :(

I have a text file with which I'm using the Text File Begin/End Processes. I'm trying to find a target text amongst the lines and to increment a counter whenever each ocurrence is found.

That's OK when there is just the single ocurrence of the target per line but how can I get it to record every instance even when there are several on a line. At the moment ME finds the first match on a line, increments the counter and then loads in the next line.

Is there an easy method :rolleyes:

Hi again

Here's one which is driving me nuts!!! :(

I have a text file with which I'm using the Text File Begin/End Processes. I'm trying to find a target text amongst the lines and to increment a counter whenever each ocurrence is found.

That's OK when there is just the single ocurrence of the target per line but how can I get it to record every instance even when there are several on a line. At the moment ME finds the first match on a line, increments the counter and then loads in the next line.

Is there an easy method :rolleyes:

Look and ye shall find :rolleyes:

I checked through earlier postings and found my answer... thanks to the forum again. In case anyone else needs it here's a copy

<TVAR2:01:04:C:\Test.txt><REP3:08:000001:000002:0001:0:01:0><NMVAR:08:02:0:0000001:0:0000000><IVAR2:01:13:1:DISPATCH><TMVAR2:21:01:00:000:000:DISPATCH><ENDREP><NMVAR:09:02:0:0000001:0:0000000><TBOX4:T:1:CenterCenter000278000200:000:ResultDISPATCH appears %N2% times><DIS:<TEXTTYPE:
>