Macro Express Forums

Sending keystrokes to restart a program?

antica

Hi folks

Need some help here.

I'm trying to have a macro where part it's running in a loop opening a series of websites in Firefox and after a certain no. of sites, to restart Firefox by activating the Firefox window/browser and pressing Ctrl-Alt-R (using a restart add-on installed).

I tried the following but it did not work.

Activate Window: "Mozilla Firefox"

Text Type: <CTRLD><ALTD>R<CTRLU><ALTU>

(Tried "<CONTROL><ALT>R" too)

I then tried the following but also nothing happen,

Control Key Down

Alt Key Down

Text Type: R

Alt Key Up

Control Key Up

Can anyone help/suggest what I should do in order to send the set of "Ctrl-Alt-R" to Firefox to trigger it's restart?

Thanks.

Hi folks

Need some help here.

I'm trying to have a macro where part it's running in a loop opening a series of websites in Firefox and after a certain no. of sites, to restart Firefox by activating the Firefox window/browser and pressing Ctrl-Alt-R (using a restart add-on installed).

I tried the following but it did not work.

Text Type: <CTRLD><ALTD>R<CTRLU><ALTU>

(Tried "<CONTROL><ALT>R" too)

I then tried the following but also nothing happen,

Control Key Down

Alt Key Down

Text Type: R

Alt Key Up

Control Key Up

Can anyone help/suggest what I should do in order to send the set of "Ctrl-Alt-R" to Firefox to trigger it's restart?

Thanks.

Works fine here. I didn't have the add-on which you didn't name. But I found and installed what must be the one, QuickRestart 1.1.0. I assigned the following macro to a temporary hotkey (Ctl+Alt+6), with scope limited to FF. With FF open, running the macro closed and restarted FF.

<REM2:Restart FF using shortcut ket Ctl+Alt+r><ACTIVATE2:Mozilla Firefox><TEXTTYPE:<CONTROL><ALT>r><MSTOP>

How did you activate the macro?

BTW, would you ever want to run this when FF wasn't already your active window? If so you'd need to ensure of course that there was no conflict with CTL+Alt+r. And you wouldn't need that first step of activating FF.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK