Macro Express Forums

Activate or Launch program using variable

johnboy691

Hi ME Lovers:

Company programs/files are stored in files with the same paths except each employee has a unique folder based upon their name. So it's been hard to make a general macro to open or save a file using the macro. I tried using the Set Variable command to capture the Path to Desktop which shows "C:\Documents and Settings\jsmith\Desktop, and that works, putting it to variable T1.

I was hoping I could then modify the variable T1 to capture just the jsmith...which I can.

I then used the Activate/Launch Program command, set the Window Title: ORS comments (which is a notepad file)

And in Program Path/Name: put C:\Documents and Settings\%T1%\Desktop\Ors comments (I've tried it like this and with the extension.)

However, when I run the macro I get the error: The specified Program "Ors comments" could not be launched. The following error occured: The specified file was not found. The macro will abort.

I am assuming the %T1% variable isn't being read as jsmith by the Activate/Launch Program command.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong...and/or an idea as to what new path to follow?

Thanks,

John