Macro Express Forums

3.7.2.1 - Can you do the following? SEARCH FOR WORD, CLICK IT

camarosource

Hi,

I think you should use controls in order to move your mouse to a desired link. Controls in ME are very powerful tool.

Let me know if you want some more assistance.

Regards,

Abdul

:D:D:D

I am wondering if there is a way to make Macro Express move the cursor to a WORD or GROUP of WORDS on a page?

EXAMPLE:

1. Looking for the word "Click Here" (Which is a hyperlink)

2. Put the cursor on there and CLICK IT.

Hi,

I think you should use controls in order to move your mouse to a desired link. Controls in ME are very powerful tool.

Let me know if you want some more assistance.

Regards,

Abdul

:D:D:D

But what if the link location changes from screen to screen. And could only be found by it's keyword or phrase? Is there a way for ME to put the cursor down whereever the keyword (search the page for the following word/phrase if you will...) or phrase is? Thanks

You can not use controls in a web browser to click hyperlinks.

There are several ways to follow links in web pages with ME; you can use the "View Source" option to grab the raw HTML and divine, Tab X number of times thru the web document, or use the find utility. The later is best for people who are intimidated by the first suggestion and are trying to hit a moving target. Simply do a CTRL+F to find. Search for "Click Here", once and close the find and Tab followed by SHIFT+TAB. This will advance you one hyperlink and back you up one hyperlink. Now your hyperlink should be highlighted and all you have to do is Text Type "Enter".

In case you were not aware one can tab thru the hyperlinks in a web browser. It's part of the requirements for Windows applications to always have a means of doing things if the mouse is not present. Of course not everything adheres to this standard... Shame really.

If you were usng Opera as your browser it would be very simple to do this. Opera allows you to search for text in a webpage or even for text in hyperlinks only, whithout opening a find box. To search the whole webpage you simply type a period followed by the word(s) you are looking for. To search for a hyperlink which contains your search terms you type a comma instead of the period. Opera then highlights that link. So you could use a simple text type command: <TEXTTYPE:,click here<ENTER>>