Macro Express Forums

Problems with version 3.7

oded

I have installed the new version 3.7 and have a lot of problems.

Some of the macros work ok but most of them get the following error: "Macro Express encountered an error while attempting to read a command. The macro will be aborted."

Just to clarify:

I use Intel Pentium 4 with Windows Professional.

While upgrading I logged in as administrator.

When this didn't help I uninstalled Macro Express and reinstalled it.

I've also handled the issue related to typing speed.

Nothing helped :angry:

The only solution I've found: I copy an existing macro (without making any changes) then the copied macro runs flawlessly...

As I have a lot of macros copying all is out of question.

What should I do in order to make the new version run smoothly?

Thank you,

Oded

I have installed the new version 3.7 and have a lot of problems.

Is the really the version number that you installed? The current version is v 3.7b or, as it is also known, v 3.7.2.1.

There were issues with v 3.7, especially on Vista, that were corrected with the subsequent versions 3.7a and 3.7b. If you indeed installed v 3.7 then I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Macro Express. As I write this the latest version is v 3.7b.

...contact ISS and start a trouble ticket with support.

This is the best advice. I am sure that the support people can help you. If you wish, when your issue is resolve, you can return here and post the solution.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the really the version number that you installed? The current version is v 3.7b or, as it is also known, v 3.7.2.1.

There were issues with v 3.7, especially on Vista, that were corrected with the subsequent versions 3.7a and 3.7b. If you indeed installed v 3.7 then I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Macro Express. As I write this the latest version is v 3.7b.

This is the best advice. I am sure that the support people can help you. If you wish, when your issue is resolve, you can return here and post the solution.

Kevin,

I have received your private message and sent you the file you requested.

The version I've installed is 3.7b (3.7.2.1)

Thanks,

Oded