Macro Express Forums

Icons are not displayed on floating bars. Why?

Alexis

For my software projects i´m used to design my own icons. I did so for my floating menus using Axialis IconWorkshop 6.

Surprisingly they do not appear on the menu correctly. Sometimes there is a dark, grey square, sometimes nothing.

They are always perfectly displayed in the Macro Explorer, but not in the menu! What are the limitations?

I attached two 24x24 icons one with 256 and one with 18.6 M Colours. If you try out the two icons, you´ll see what i mean.

By the way. If i change the appearence of an used icon, i have to restart MEX in order to see the changes, right?

Thank You.

Alexandra

24x24_256.ico

24x24_16_8M.ico

I attached two 24x24 icons one with 256 and one with 18.6 M Colours. If you try out the two icons, you´ll see what i mean.

They seem to be working for me. Attached is a picture of what I'm seeing.

By the way. If i change the appearance of an used icon, i have to restart MEX in order to see the changes, right?

I'm not sure, but I would think not because the icons are not embedded anywhere.

post-3-1197992897_thumb.jpg

First of all: Thank you very much for trying this out.

I don´t know what i should say. Those 2 Icons work perfectly now, and the icons are displayed in the moment i save the corresponding macro.

But still not for every icon. This border.ico is plain yellow and is not displayed. My Intention was to group the icons and put it between those groups to seperate them.

By the way your Floating Menu looks nice. Is that some kind of windows scheme?

Thank you.

Alexandra

border.ico